Moku:Go software update 11 May 2021; version 0.9.3

The newest version of the Moku:Go software can be found in this post, or on our website here.

Today we have updated the software to version 0.9.3; this release includes both app improvements and new firmware for the Moku:Go. The updates address stability fixes and performance improvements. You are encouraged to download the new software.

If you have already downloaded the software for either Windows or macOS; simply run the Moku:Go app. Look in the top right of the ‘select your device’ window for a red flag next to the bell icon. Click on the bell and follow the prompt to download the new installer.

You can also download the software here

Windows

macOS

When you next connect to your Moku:Go; you will be prompted to update the firmware. You will be guided through this process; it can take up to 10 MINUTES. Please leave the Moku:Go connected to both the power supply and the network during the update. Once the LED turns to steady ORANGE, you can restart the Moku:Go by briefly removing then reconnecting the power.

Once installed, we recommend removing the previous 0.9.2 (or older) versions.
The current version is shown in the bottom right of the ‘select your device’ screen.

It looks like when I updated to version 0.93 something odd occurred with the scope… I’m connecting to the MokuGO via a Windows 10 image, using the software. The scope trace seems to be upside down.

any way to correct this?

Cheers

0.9.3 was the first version I ever installed and used to connect to my Moku:Go.
My unit did not prompt for a Firemware update (connected via Wifi).
Does this only work via Ethernet? USB? Is there any way to check the current Firmware version number?

@barke I just checked our shipping history, your Moku:Go shipped with the latest (542) firmware. Yes, you can check the firmware on your Moku; right click on the Moku icon to display firmware revision.

1 Like

Jason, this upside down scope is very strange; we’ve not seen that before. Is this running a Windows VM / Virtualbox ?

I received my Moku:Go yesterday. I updated my software to 0.9.3 (build 5245) and then plugged my Go into my computer via USB C for the first time. The software tells me it is searching for a device but no Go is ever detected. I also do not hear the typical Windows sound for “a new USB device is connected.” Nothing shows up in Windows Device Manager either. My Go initially has a solid amber LED but then the LED begins flashing after a few moments. Any thoughts on why my computer won’t detect the Go?

Hello Matt,

The flashing amber LED means the Moku:Go is not getting enough power (recovery mode). Currently, Moku:Go requires the AC magnetic power adapter when in use. The Moku:Go does not boot if connected ONLY through USB-C, it requires both the power adapter and USB-C to operate properly.

Thanks! I now get a solid green LED on the Go and I heard the Windows USB device acknowledgment chime. However, the software is still not locating the device. It just sits idle on the “searching for devices…” screen. I have tried closing and relaunching the software and power cycling the Go. It never wants to se show up in the software.

Hi Paul,

Yes I have installed the 0.93 software on Windows 10 within a VM (Virtualbox).

Cheers

Jason

Hi Paul,

Thankfully as I’m running Windows 10 in a Virtualbox I was able to restore a snapshot of the OS prior to the Moku 0.93 installation and reinstall the software. The problem still exists. Every time I attempt to start the Scope the screen has flipped:

It also seems not to be limited just to the scope trace… The Spectrum analyzer is also impacted:

Running Windows 0.9.3 and connected to a new :Go (moku-000110). Can the firmware be forced to upgrade? The GUI seems pretty buggy, so I assume it is the firmware, but no prompt for firmware upgrade and I don’t see a menu item to find the version.
TIA for any assistance. /pjb

Hi @brucat , the Windows App has the latest version of the Moku:Go firmware built-in.

If the device require a firmware update, you will see an orange “!” mark on the device icon when the app is first launched. The app will prompt a firmware update when you double click the device icon.

If there isn’t an “!” mark on the device icon, that means your device firmware is already up to date.

Ah OK. So it seems that the firmware is up-to-date, then. But OMG! The app crashes, locks up, the curser and the focus of the cursor itself are misaligned. Tried two different windows boxes, all up-to-date as far as OS. Even tried over RDP
Will try OSX next. Am I cursed or what?

Hi @JasonNaughton ,

Thank you for sharing the screenshots, they are very helpful! We are aware of the issues with virtual machines and are looking into it. I’ll reach out to you via chat to get some more information on your virtual machine configuration.

In the meantime, is there a chance you can use our Moku:Go Windows App or Mac App locally?

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with our Moku:Go App. I have sent you an email to get some more information.

The app ‘crashes’ I experienced appear to be associated with the know network random disconnect issues of firmware 542. So this is understood by Liquid and and the fix is in the next firmware upgrade. Thank you.