CloudCompile using Python API problems

Moku model: Moku:Go
Operating system: MacOs
Software version: Python 3.9.1

I have been trying to use the Cloud compile instrument on the moku:go platform. I am attempting to set up the instrument in Python using the API, however whenever I try to set up cloud compile it throws this error.

“filename ‘mokugo/02-255-01’ not found”

I have tried to use the cloud compile API on both Mac and windows using both matlab and python and all platforms have the same error where I cant deploy the cloud compile instrument. Due to this error we cannot use cloud compile with the API, which is a significant feature we were hoping to use as a part of a project that we are working on. Is there any fix that I could try to resolve this issue? Has anyone else experienced this error and found a resolution?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Ryan_Finley,

thanks for your message, it is great to see you working to use Moku Cloud Compile (MCC) with Python via the API. This is potentially a very powerful feature. Currently our documentation on this is somewhat lacking and we are working to improve it.

In the meantime, the issue you are facing is that the MCC slot does not have a bitstream.
To solve this, download the MCC bitstream (a ‘tar.gz’ file) from your compile.liquidinstruments.com build, then refer to it like this -

> mim = MultiInstrument(‘[MOKU_IPv6_ADDRESS]’, force_connect=True, platform_id=2)
> cc = mim.set_instrument(1, CloudCompile, bitstream=‘path/my_custom_bitstream.tar.gz’)

Let us all know if this works for you. Can you share what custom function you have coded in MCC ?

Regards,

Paul.

1 Like

Hi, I am having the same issue. I did try your code but got the error :

TypeError: MultiInstrument.set_instrument() got an unexpected keyword argument 'bitstream'

Regards

Hello,
did anyone manage to solve this problem? I’m experiencing the same thing.

I’m using Python 3.11.2 on Windows.
Moku:Pro, firmware v. 587.
I’m running it in multi instrument mode with a custom Cloud Compile instrument in slot 1.
I have uploaded the bitstream and when I run the custom instrument on the desktop application everything runs fine. When I try to set CloudCompile as an instrument using the Python API I get the error

filename ‘mokupro/04-255-00’ not found

When I run “list(target=‘bitstreams’)” I get:

[‘04-255-03’, ‘04-255-02’, ‘04-255-01’, ‘04-255-00’, ‘bitstreams.tar.gz’, ‘04-001-02’, ‘04-001-01’, ‘04-004-00’, ‘mipr_config’, ‘04-000-03’, ‘04-000-02’, ‘04-000-01’, ‘04-000-00’, ‘04-000’]

Similar to the post above, I also can’t specify the bitstream in the set_instrument() because it does not recognize the keyword:

MultiInstrument.set_instrument() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘bitstreams’

Any help would be great!
Thank you in advance

Hi again,

I just want to give an update on this: I realised my installation of the moku package was not up to date! So after upgrading it to 3.2.0 I managed to include the path as an argument when setting up the instrument. After that, it worked fine.