Problem with the LI Converter

Hello! I recently took some data with my Moku Pro after updating it to the latest firmware version. For some reason, when I tried to convert the data, the converter said it didn’t have permission to write to the file location. I took an old set of data from the same file location and it converted just fine, so I’m concerned this may have to do with the firmware update. Any ideas on what may be happening? Thanks!

Hi rolson,

You might be encountering an issue with trying to convert a new file with an old version of the converter app. If you open the LI file converter app outside of the Moku App “Select your device” screen it can open an older version of the LI Filer Converter if it is laying around on your computer. I know this is not ideal but I’ve raised this with our team to fix in future.

In the mean time, you can open the LI File Converter from the new version of the App, in the “Select your device” screen. This will ensure the converter GUI that opens will be the one that came bundled with the new App version, which should convert normally with your new file.

If this does not work, are you able to share with me a little more about how you are trying convert this file?

1. Are you using the stand-alone file converter, or the one inbuilt to the Moku?
  2. What firmware are you using now and what version were you using previously?
  3. What permissions does your Moku or LI File Converter App have on your computer? On mac you can find this in System Settings > Privacy & Security > Files and Folders. On windows this is Select Start > Settings > Privacy & security > File system

Thanks,
Indira

Hi Indira,

I’m using the standalone converter. The firmware version, according to the Moku app, is 580. Here’s a screenshot:

Usually I run the Moku from an iPad which prompted the firmware update. However the above screenshot is for the laptop I use to run conversions since we don’t work with iOS regularly. I will have my IT group update the laptop and report back if this does not solve the problem.

Thank you,

Rebekah

Hi Indira,

Updating the laptop’s Moku software corrected this issue. Thanks for the assistance!

Rebekah

1 Like