Increasing voltage range in PID function on Moku:Go

Moku model: Moku:Go
Operating system: Windows
Software version:

Bug or support request description:
Hi everyone,

I’m currently using the PID function on my Moku:Go device to control a system. However, I’m running into an issue where the maximum voltage I can apply on the Moku:Go is only 5 volts. I need to increase this voltage range to be able to fully control my system, ideally to a range of 0-10 volts.

I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I can increase the voltage range on my Moku:Go device? Are there any external devices or components I can use to amplify the voltage range and still use the PID function on the Moku:Go? Or is there a way to modify the Moku:Go device to allow for a higher voltage range?

I’ve searched the documentation and forums but haven’t found a solution yet. I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions from the community on how to tackle this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Just to clarify, this is not a bug of the Moku:Go, the output voltage range is 10 Vpp (-5 V to 5 V).

You can increase the voltage range by using an amplifier or converter on the output of Moku:Go if you’d like, but there is no way to alter the Moku:Go hardware itself to allow for 10 V.

Depending on the model of your Moku:Go, it will come with power supplies which would be useful should you decide to use an external amplifier or converter.

1 Like