Acquisition times out at Moku:Pro Oscilloscope

When trying to acquire a single period of a waveform, e.g. sine wave, that’s 1 us long (1 MHz), 4 Vpp where trigger level is set to the half the Vp, the oscilloscope times out due to no acquisition. However, this does not happen all the time but 2 or 3 times out of 100 times which still obstructs our test flow.

The way it is implemented is as such:

osc = Oscilloscope(MOKU_IP_ADDRESS)
osc.set_trigger(level=v_p / 2, mode="Normal")
time.sleep(1)
play_sine_wave(duration=1e-6, amplitude=v_p)
acquisition = osc.get_data(timeout=10)

In case of a time-out there are two types of time-out errors thrown:

• If the default timeout value, 60, for get_data() is used then the error thrown is:

MokuException: Unknown exception. Status code:504 which is to my understanding a Gateway
    Timeout error of HTTP.

• If the timeout value is set to 10 for get_data() then the error thrown is:

MokuException: ['Timeout before fetching the new frame']

At the moment catching one of those errors and repeating the acquisition fixes the behavior, however I would like to hear from you what might be done to not have this behavior and to consistently acquire a waveform that’s way within its specs.

Hi @xprox ,

I am sorry for the issue you are experiencing.

Yes, this is an known issue, and out dev team is working on this issue right now very actively. The 60 seconds timeout is produced by the http protocol. The timeout parameter which is larger than 60 seconds is kind of broken now. We will let you know as soon as we fixed it. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,
Hank